Are you ready to compile your own inventory report?
Although there is plenty Property Inventory Providers, you can decide to handle it yourself. You are happy to invest a bit of time in order to save the money and you do well what you care about.
After all it requires mainly common sense and good attention to detail.
We have created set of questions which will lead you to assess yourself as an property inspector. What more this questionnaire will give you hints on how to improve your inventory skills.
Let’s see how prepared you are to carry out this task:
- Would you in your report include the general overview of the property and its state of cleanliness?
- Would you dedicate a section to meter readings?
- In your report is there a photograph of the keys handed to the tenant?
- Do you usually take a photograph and comment on Smoke/ Carbon monoxide detectors in the inventoried property?
- Does your report include items descriptions side by side with their up to date condition?
- Are you able to step out of your position as landlord and assess your property with an objective eye?
- Would you in your report include all fixtures, fittings and movable items or simply items you regard as highly valuable?
- Are you familiar with some wear & tear guidelines?
- Are you able to produce a Check Out report which compares directly the condition of the items at the beginning of the tenancy with their condition at the Check Out?
- Do you feel confident to appoint responsibilities with regards to the changes as per Check Out?
- Would you make sure that all sections in your report are numbered?
If you responded YES to all our questions we are very impressed. Congratulations, you seem to be well informed and somewhat experienced. Frankly you appear appropriately educated to carry out an inventory for your asset.
If you responded YES to at least 9 questions we regard you as Landlord who did some homework, is quite informed and would most likely prepare a decent Check In Report.
If you answered YES to less than 9 questions, you are on the right path and now you are conscious of the room for improvement.
SO IS THAT ALL IT TAKES? Is that what Property Inventory training is about?
Well, clearly the training will cover all the topics we queried about above.
And there is more.
Trained Inventory providers follow certain working patterns in carrying out their jobs, which may seem unnecessary while compiling a report, however it becomes rather helpful when carrying out the Check Out.
With experience they become highly skilled in item descriptions and judgement for wear & tear/ damage. They are trained to appoint responsibilities and they are aware of guidelines for compensation charges.
They hold in their pockets skills and little hacks just like any other established professional.